1.02.2008

stephanie.feels.sorry.for.herself.

(title borrowed from evil)
I seem to put myself in situations that constantly make me realize how delayed my life is. This happens in part because a significant portion of my friend group is made up of people who are 5-10 years older than me, and are all married with kids. They're also all in much higher tax brackets than i could ever hope to be in. I love them all, and am thrilled to spend time with them, but i always leave feeling a bit deflated. I see how happy my friends are together, and how much they love their children, and it makes me anxious, especially as we start the year i'll turn thirty. If you could have children when you were fifty (not that i'd want to!) i wouldn't be as concerned, but the time restrictions really rush everything else along, and thinking about all i have to do in the next eight or so years makes me want to throw up. Maybe et#1 has the right idea- no kids, no marriage. But that makes me even sadder.

8 comments:

Evil said...

you're only 29 and a half. too early to feel sorry for yourself. you have 5 and a half years left before freak out time.

Evil said...

btw- et#1 is in denial.

stephanie said...

If I'm in the same place in 5.5 years, please shoot me. It'll all be over by that point.

Evil said...

are comments on blogs legally binding?

And said...

I know how you feel, Steph. I saw a bumper sticker recently that said, "Cats not Kids" and I felt like crying because that's me. I continued my trudge home in the cold snow...

Evil said...

what's with all this feeling sorry- for yourself? it's the new year! brand new start. cheer up, people.

And said...

The Biological Clock, Evil. And the New Year does NOT help with that.

stephanie said...

Boys can have kids when they're 80. Girls can't.