12.08.2007

stephanie's.day.of.fun.

Today i had two big mishaps:


  1. I broke the toilet seat.

  2. I polluted the environment, and put myself and others at risk.
The toilet seat happened before 7am. I was running late, and was multitasking (as usual) by attempting to brush my teeth while going to the bathroom. I leaned over to grab my toothbrush, and heard a crack as a large section of toilet seat broke off and fell in the toilet. (We have one of those U shaped seats, and the upper 1/4 of the U was what broke.) I wasn't sure what to do, but it wasn't going to be usable, so i duct taped it back on for a temporary fix.
The second incident happened almost 18 hours later around 1am. I was driving back home from acton, and stopped at the closest mobil to fill up. My usual habit at the gas pump is to pump it until it clicks off, and then pump a little more to top it off (ie- get it to a rounder number). The pump clicked off, i attempted to top it off, and for a split second i looked at the price/gallon info and wondered why i was able to get so much more after the first shut off (since it usually only allows me to add an extra $0.50 tops). Then I looked back at the hose nozzle, and noticed that there was gasoline pouring out of my tank, down the side of my car, and all over the tire, the ground, and my foot. Luckily i was at a mobil station, so they had paper towels and hand sanitizer at the pumps. I did my best to clean up so i wouldn't spark a fire, and then hopped in my car to drive home. Boy oh boy was that a long trip back. My boot's sitting in the hallway outside our door as i write this.

No comments: