12.01.2007

best.day.

Today was perfect. I did things i love with people i love. First was andrea- I met her at 7:30am and we took the T downtown. Since it was early, we stopped at mike's pastry for coffee and cannoli. The bonus of being there before most people were up was there was no line, and we could actually sit at a table. After warming up a little, we ventured across the street to haymarket. Even though i've lived in boston for years and years, i've never technically shopped at haymarket. Sure, i've walked through when i did the freedom trail, and maybe even bought an apple or two, but i never really knew what i was missing until today. I spent $7.50 and left with; two giant bunches of cilantro, six huge beets (since i love beets so much and eat them like candy), four limes, eight tomatoes, and fourteen bananas (i'm planning to make some banana bread soon). I also made out with a full grocery bag full of baby spinach from the $2 monster bag andrea bought. I was ready for everything to be on its last leg, but surprisingly, almost all of it seemed super fresh- the bananas are still a little green! I regreted that i hadn't picked some recipes to try out in advance- i could save a bundle shopping there! This will definitely become part of my regular schedule, so next time i'll be prepared!

Next up was christmas tree shopping with jen and ben. We went to lambert's since i always get my tree there. You have to understand how excited i get about tree shopping and decorating- it's seriously one of my favorite activities. We even splurged on a nice big tree since we're splitting the cost three ways this year. After about an hour, we settled on one, and they gave it a fresh cut before tying it on top of jen's car. We got home, moved some stuff around, set it up in the stand and filled it with water.

Then i bundled up and went to nora's to take a long walk with her and barney. It was freezing but i wore my running hat, neck warmer and gloves, so it wasn't so bad. We got in a little over 3 miles, and then had hot chocolate while flipping through the most recent gourmet magazine looking for ideas for christmas party treats.

I just got home, and hung the lights on the tree. I'm about to put up all my ornaments, and will post a picture of it when it's done. Oh, and i'm listening to christmas music as well. How fitting.

1 comment:

Nora said...

I'm glad your 1st of December was so nice, and I hope the rest of December is good, too! I had a lot of fun on our walk, and Barney told me to say thanks for taking him on an adventure.