11.14.2007

mister.calm.

Today was the day i realized that i'm crazy. I talk to myself. It must be some sort of psychiatric disorder similar to mpd or schizophrenia, but at the level where i recognize that i have (at least) two personalities. While driving to children's, i was trying to go straight through an intersection where i had a green light, but all these idiots who were turning left kept blocking me. They kept trying to sneak in even though it was obvious that their special left turn signal was long gone. After forcing my car forward in a way that prevented anyone else from cutting me off, the guy who was next to turn had the nerve to wave me ahead!!! Like he even had the right to do so! If anyone was doing any waving, it should have been me. I was instantly irate, and silently cursed at him until my calm personality (mr. calm) took over and rationalized that it wasn't anything to get so worked up about. A similar thing happened in the garage when i was trying to park. It was busy, so i ended up on the 8th level, but it took forever to get there since the woman in front of me drove very slowly and stopped anytime it looked like someone was leaving. My initial response was annoyance, but then mr. calm stepped in again and pointed out that this woman was likely bringing a sick kid to the hospital, or visiting a sick kid, and maybe i should give her a break. I thought back on this, and realized that i do this a lot- react first, then reason and calm down. Maybe someday i'll be able to reason right off the bat, and forget about the reacting part. Maybe then i'll be cured.

1 comment:

Evil said...

it took you that long to realize you're crazy?

btw- hello from india!