9.08.2007

lumber.aisle.

I just remembered a funny story that I meant to blog about last weekend. Here goes:

My dad and I were at home depot picking up wood for the table legs. He was standing by the cart while I was looking for the best pieces. This guy and his girlfriend (or wife, but probably girlfriend) came walking up the aisle. He was a pretty macho looking guy- solid, strong jaw, a little stubble going on, you know the type. She was a cute girl. They were both late 20's, early 30's. He was computing how long of a piece he needed, and came up with ten feet. He asked out loud (and directed it at himself, his girlfriend, my dad, and me) how many inches were in ten feet. I answered "120" and he clearly felt like an idiot. He joked about it briefly, and then his girlfriend must have been busting his balls, because as they walked away, he said "don't emasculate me in the lumber aisle" loud enough for all of us to hear. We all cracked up.

No comments: