9.23.2007

i.love.boston...

..I love boston, I love boston. I know there are plenty of other wonderful places on this planet, but I can't imagine not living here. Today was beautiful. I forced myself to watch "citizen kane" this morning since I netflixed it and have had it for more than a month. I was distracted, so couldn't even give it a fair chance. Once that was over, I knew I had to get outside. I realized (at 12 noon) that boston parks and recreation was doing a watercolor workshop at the public gardens from 12-2. I'd brought the girls to some other workshops, and we really liked anita, an older woman who was pretty much in charge. She'd mentioned doing the watercolor workshop, so I decided to show up down there. I didn't make it until 1, but then spent a full hour and a half painting away. Anita introduced me to some of the other painters (there were probably 40 total, all spread out across one side of the park) and gave me some techniques to try out. Despite my lack of painting talent, I managed to leave with a decent interpretation of trees, the duck pond, and a lamp post. Plus, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'd brought my current book (water for elephants, which is fantastic!!!) and a blanket, so I walked over to the common and spread out to read for a bit. Everyone was out and about, smiling and happy. I made a concerted effort to walk slowly and really appreciate the city and its people. I love boston!

4 comments:

Evil said...

boston would be even better if their baseball team werent a bunch of chokers. go new york!

stephanie said...

Excuse me?? I believe that we're still ahead of your team, even if it is just by 1.5 games...

Nora said...

And the Yankees are LOSING right now...

stephanie said...

Ya- they lost. So now we're 2 games ahead. Plus, I thought you were a Mets fan evil. I don't have a problem with the Mets, it's the Yankees I hate with every fiber of my being.