7.07.2007

tuesday.july.3rd.

We went to grumpy's for breakfast. I got a blueberry muffin and a frittata. Both were delicious. Then to the ice cream smuggler for some ice cream since we were already in dennis for breakfast. On our way back to wellfleet (30 mins further down the cape) we stopped to pick up paper plates at the christmas tree shop. In theory, I don't like this store. I never shop there in boston, but it's part of the tradition of being on the cape. We usually pick up some cheap floaty stuff to use at the beach, and if we're lucky, we'd find a whiffle ball and bat. (We weren't lucky this time.) However. While we were there, I poked around, and came across the exact style plates and bowls I wanted for the new apartment. They're plain white and pretty flat- with no rim an inch from the edge. They're also breakable- not plastic or paper- and the price was very nice. Twelve dinner plates, twelve salad plates, and eight bowls ran me less than $26. At this price they could last me a couple of months before breaking and I'd be happy. From here we went to the beach, and finally made it home for a big dinner at our place.

No comments: