7.29.2007

cookout.number.two.

Today was k and k's cookout. It was also the female k's birthday. She's younger than me by just over a month- a rare occurrence since most of my friends are older. I headed out for the festivities just after 4:30 (it's a 45 min drive to the 'burbs from boston) and got stuck in several huge thunder/lightening storms. I had to try three ways to get to the pike since the traffic was so bad, some lights were out, and a tree had fallen across the road. Wipers on full blast did little to clear the view, but thankfully, the rain passed, and I made it out there with no more problems. The cookout was super and the company hilarious. I even managed to catch the last inning of the sox/devil rays game when I got home. We won 12/6 in the 12th inning. Sweet!

No comments: