6.24.2007

preacher.

Today was ben's graduation party. It was fun. There were a bunch of people, a bunch of food, and a bunch of wine. What could be better? I stopped at my parents' house to grab something, and realized that (as usual) I didn't have a card. My mom's pretty good at stocking up, so I searched through her stash and came up empty-handed. I didn't have time to go to cvs, so I settled on a "you're a special preacher" card. I thought it would be funny enough to be cool. Let me preface this by saying that while my mom's religious, she's not the type of person who would normally buy a thank you card for a priest. Especially because she doesn't even really like their current priest. So I was pretty sure that it was free for the taking. Really, I think I was the most surprised that someone actually took the time to make a thank-you card for a preacher. Didn't they have something better to do? While at their house, I also stole a big pretty bow that was hanging on a chair. I tied it to the bottle of champagne I got for ben, and then someone else attached it to a bowl like you do at a wedding shower. That's jen up there holding the bowl and anna in the background making her laugh!

No comments: