6.01.2007

a.shelf.full.of.books.

I have a bit of a problem purchasing books. I like the brookline booksmith, and it just so happens that they have a table with good books that they sell for anywhere from $2.99 to $5.99. Everytime I go in there, I leave with at least two books, which then join the other books that I have on shelves at home. In fact, I once bought the same book twice- about two months apart- since the first purchase was still sitting, unread, on my shelf at home. I try to keep up, really I do, but with our monthly bookclub book and my busy social life (ha!) it's hard to make much headway. During a recent organizing frenzy, I decided to make a spreadsheet of all the books I own, but have yet to read. It topped out at 41. I knew that I needed some motivation to catch up, and when I mentioned this to *ac*, I found she was in a similar situation. So, as a way to keep on top of reading, we've started a new blog called a shelf full of books. We each have a list of the books we need to read, a column where we move them once they're read, and will post our thoughts about them along the way. Since we're just starting out, we won't be reading enough to post everyday (you'll have to stay with this site for that), but hopefully we'll average at least one post per week. Anyone else who's interested is welcome to be a guest poster- especially if you've read a particularly good (or bad) book recently. The link's also on the right, under my favorite blogs, so check it out often, and feel free to comment. Happy reading!

No comments: