5.17.2007

kickball.

Last summer, I developed an interest in kickball. It came out of nowhere. I don't think I've played it since I was a kid, nor do I know anyone who does, but I must have heard about it somewhere. I did a web search, and found that there were several leagues in the boston area. That's as far as it got though. I was too chicken to actually sign up for something like that by myself. This year, I may get a few steps further. At *nn's* bachelorette party, I mentioned my interest in kickball, and several others showed just as much interest. I'm supposed to research it and get back to all of them. I think if I have at least one other person to join with me, I'll be okay with it. The site that I've found the most info on is w.a.k.a. (world adult kickball association). I just wish there was a division closer to me and I'd be all over it. The funny thing is that I'm not quite sure how to play kickball, or even if I'd be any good at it. I don't think I'd be great at fielding, but if my thirteen year old soccer goalie kick is any clue, I'll be super at kicking that red regulation kickball out of the park.

1 comment:

And said...

my sister is on a kickball team in D.C. I, however, never played team sports and am not about to start now...tennis anyone?