4.20.2007

too.many.

I have quite a few books that I haven't yet read. It tends to go like this- I'm in coolidge corner, and invariably stop at the booksmith. I'm drawn to the bargain table, where books (good ones too!) are reduced to anywhere from $2.99 to $5.99, with the majority of them ending up at $3.99. I find covers I like, see if the summary looks promising, and add them to my collection. In terms of reading, I go through spurts. Sometimes I'll read six books in a month, but usually I'm rushed to finish my bookclub book before our monthly meeting. Now I'm left with an ever increasing pile of books that look great, but gather dust. I've decided I need to do something about this. I haven't figured out exactly what, but it will probably be some sort of competition. I'll probably post a list of books along with daily updates on what book I'm working on, and what page I'm on. Maybe I'll even give myself a prize when I finish the list. Don't worry- I'll put some more thought into this, and keep you posted.

No comments: