4.26.2007

the.sock.pit.

I got some new sheets today at filene's basement. They're wine colored, and they match a duvet cover that I've had for years. It's an off-white/beige color with red/wine flowers on it, and I haven't used it much since white sheets don't match it, and I didn't have any other ones. A few months ago, I got the same brand sheets in white (since my favorite white ones started to get holes), and I love them. At first I was a little skeptical since they seemed kind of scratchy, but once I got them washed, on my bed and snuggled in, they were smooth, soft and silky- all rolled into one. When I found them in the wine color today, I knew they were mine. I washed them, and just remade my bed with the rarely used duvet color, and found a nice surprise. A sock that I'd been missing for years had made its way inside the duvet cover during some dryer cycle. Now it's back, and better than ever.

No comments: