4.15.2007

overheat.

My computer has been having overheating issues for some time now. The fan runs all the time when it's turned on, and if I don't keep it propped up on something (to allow the fan room to move air) it shuts down. Well. Tonight I had another issue with overheating- this time with my car. After grabbing dinner with a friend, I was dropping her off when a light came on and the car beeped. I thought it was the gas light since I was running low, but it was the coolant light. So I turned it off and hung out for a little bit, but it came back on during my one mile drive from her house to mine. Since it's pouring out, I didn't feel like opening the hood to see if the fan was running or not, so I'm planning to deal with that tomorrow. If I'm lucky, it was some fluke thing, and everything will be fine tomorrow. Since I'm not usually lucky with my car, it will continue to overheat, and I'll have to bring it into get checked out. The good news is that I took my dad's and friend's advice and looked on cartalk to get some recommendations for a good mechanic. I found a nearby one that people seem to love, so hopefully he'll have a quick fix for me. Bad volkswagon.

No comments: