4.11.2007

new.music.

I played the piano for three and a half hours tonight. I just finished and came upstairs- just now. I played through two new books I bought yesterday- one was a mix of composers, and one was an erik satie book. His stuff is a little bit of a reach for me- some of it I love, but a lot of it is too unstructured for my taste. What really drives me nuts is that half of his stuff isn't written with bar lines, so it's next to impossible to figure out the beats, or when a note goes from flat/sharp to natural. After that, I played four granados pieces that I downloaded today. One of them is the one that *ba* plays, and I fell in love with it. It's a different style than I usually play, but as *ja* pointed out, I tend to play "happy" songs, and I wanted to expand a bit. So now I'm exhausted, and my shoulders are very sore from all the playing. I blame *ba* for renewing my obsession with the piano. You owe me a shoulder massage boy.

No comments: