3.27.2007

some.london.pictures.

I posted a bunch up on my flickr account (click the link over there on the right), but here are some to start you off. First up is *sb* working the chopsticks at wagamama's in bath, england. (I loved this place, and was excited to learn that they're opening their first u.s. restaurant in faneuil hall at the end of april. Who's coming?) We took a weekend trip to bath the last weekend before I returned to boston. It was like a vacation within a vacation for me. On the right is *gb* listening to the audio guide at the roman baths. They had a children's version which I checked out, and thought was pretty cool. Instead of just giving the history and info like they do on the adult version, the kids got to listen to a story told by "real" roman characters. The whole tour was actually great, something I wasn't really expecting so much. It was built on hot springs, and you could see the water bubbling and steaming. I really wanted to touch it, but there were signs saying that the water is untreated, and not safe to touch. Bummer. Next up is my london family hanging out by the great bath in the roman baths. I started calling their flat "home" while I was in london. It's nice to have a couple of places where you feel as comfortable as you do in your own home. Their place is definitely one of mine.

No comments: