3.22.2007

fourteen.hours.and.forty.five.minutes.

Big day for me today. Got up at 8am london time (4am boston time), went over to the half price ticket booth at leicester (lester) square and picked up three tickets to blood brothers- the musical I'd wanted to see years and years ago in nyc, but had left before I'd had the chance. Then over to the orla kiely flagship store, a dream-come-true for me. From there I took the tube to meet *ab* at the tower of london, took a tour (which was quite fascinating, actually), saw the crown jewels and the cullinan diamond info, walked over the tower bridge (the bridge you think of when you think of a london bridge), up the thames, over the london bridge (a rather boring bridge) and back down the thames to *ab's* office. Took the tube home (yup- I call their place in london home now) and walked down the high street before getting back around 5pm (1pm for most of you). Took a shower, changed clothes, ate leftover indian, and grabbed a minicab over to the theater at 7pm (3pm). The show was great- we even went to the bar during intermission and ordered three glasses of wine, but ended up with a bottle (it was apparently cheaper) and got to pour the entire thing into three plastic cups to bring back into the theater with us. Upon arriving home at 10:45pm (6:45pm) I found that my heels were a bloody mess. I'm talking- blood all over the backs of my shoes, on the inside of my pants, and running down my ankles. Yup- both of them. I clearly deserve a foot rub.

No comments: