2.03.2007

new.gym.clothes

I'm sold. For several years, I've been working out in old cotton t-shirts, mostly the freebies I get from children's hospital. *a* kept telling me that that I should get a "real" gym shirt- aka the moisture wicking breathable kind. It seemed silly to pay money for the fancy kind of shirt, when I could both promote blood donating, and save money while doing it. Alas, as time went on, I got tired of leaving the gym in baggy wet sweaty shirts, and freezing as soon as I went outside. So a couple of weeks ago, I stopped by the new balance outlet on my way somewhere. I went in looking for warmer sweat pant type things, and left with a running coat, a long sleeved base layer shirt, and a moisture wicking breathable kind of gym shirt. I figured I'd give it a shot, but would probably end up rotating it into my "give pints for half-pints" shirt lineup. After my first gym trip wearing the new shirt, I knew there would be no more cotton t-shirts for me. It was so comfortable, and was just as light when I left the gym as it was when I arrived there. Over the past two weeks, I've resorted to washing it every night, and then hanging it to dry so it would be ready for me to wear the next day. A little ridiculous I'll admit, but I just couldn't regress after making so much progress. It became obvious that I needed to buy at least one more, so I met up with *ja* (who desperately needed new shoes) at the outlet today. It was the right time to go, because there was a ton of stuff on sale. I got three more short-sleeved shirts for $10 each (they were $16.99 when I got the first one), one long-sleeved shirt for $10, and a pair of gym pants for $5. What a bargain! I suppose I can wait until friday to do my laundry now.

No comments: