12.04.2006

stinging.mouth

I have some freaky food allergies. I don't get super sick or have my throat close up or anything, I just get a strong stinging sensation on the roof of my mouth. I generally know what will set it off; walnuts, raw broccoli, cooked spinach, banana strings (I have to get every little stringy thing off before I eat them), cauliflower. The list goes on. Something I ate tonight drove my mouth crazy. It's stinging pretty badly even now, hours after dinner, after I brushed, flossed and rinsed with act. I can't figure out what it was. We had a bunch of random stuff; smoked pork, roasted potatoes, schnitzel, schpaetzel, sauteed green beans and some super special tres leche cake. (There was a ton of uncooked pork leftover from the party yesterday, so *p* cooked up some different meals. Plus, a guest brought the cake and we conveniently forgot to put it out.) It's perplexing. I've had everything before and don't remember having issues with anything. Maybe it's the combination that bothers me.

No comments: