10.30.2006

ba.loney

I brushed and flossed my teeth, rinsed with fluoride mouthwash, got all cozy in my pj's, grabbed my super warm and fluffy blanket, and settled in to watch a brand new episode of the bachelor. Tonight promised to be a good one- lorenzo was going home to meet the four remaining bachelorette's families, and I was especially looking forward to seeing how the meeting went with crazy lisa, who apparently displays wedding magazines and comes out in her wedding dress. I settled in, and turned on channel 5. On came monday night football- minnesota vs. new england. I panicked, but then reassured myself by checking the abc website. Sure enough, there was a new bachelor on at 9/8c, october 30th. Was abc really channel 5? I checked the guide, but couldn't find a listing on any other channel. Back to the web, which confirmed that it should have been on channel 5 at 9pm. Those jerks at the boston channel decided that people would rather watch a football game that's also on espn at the same time, than one of the final three episodes of the bachelor. Oh right...they didn't cancel it altogether, but moved it back to 1:35am with no apparent repeat time at a normal hour. I was so irate that I actually took the time to write an e-mail to wcvbnews@thebostonchannel.com to let them know how I felt. I wanted to yell via e-mail at them, but took a deep breath and wrote a more grown-up version that may actually be read (though probably not). Maybe if you all write a similar e-mail, they'll feel a little bad about what they've done. Now I have to figure out how to set up my vcr recording to tape a show in the middle of the night. BA...LONEY.

2 comments:

Evil Twin #1 said...

Ummm...I have to say I appreciated the game being on. I do not have cable and the lack Monday night football kind of getting to me. Plus some sporty action is far superior to watching women whore themselves out to a man who will always remain a bachelor.

stephanie said...

I understand how you feel ET#1, but I've never been a football fan, and likely never will be. The thing that really annoyed me was that they were broadcasting the bachelor at 9pm everywhere else...just not here. However- I did get to see it before having the surprise ruined, so I think I can let it go.