7.04.2006

four.day.weekends.rock

Happy fourth of july! I was supposed to go camping this weekend with my family, but no one made reservations in time (we all thought someone else was taking care of it!) By the time I tried to make some, nothing was available. So we're camping on the boston harbor islands at the end of july instead. I was happy to have four days open at the last minute. If I'd known we wouldn't be camping, I would have made other plans, and wouldn't have had these days to fill as I pleased. I ended up doing a lot of two things; visiting with friends, and doing yard/house work. I spent most of saturday and sunday with the *b's* (the ones with the new baby) and most of monday with *ki* having lunch and taking a short hike in Arlington. Sunday morning I mowed the lawn, trimmed the hedges (with the manual trimmers non-the-less since the electric ones were on the fritz) and weeded the vegetable garden. Today I spent the entire day cleaning out and repainting my darkroom. It was getting pretty gross, and since I spend the most time down there during the summer, I figured it made sense to have it free of toxins. Now I'm just waiting for the paint to dry before I put everything back in there. I think I'll go fold some laundry.

No comments: