5.25.2006

the.finished.product

Here's the tv cabinet in it's completed state. While I found the turquoise/green color scheme interesting, this fits in with the rest of my furniture. The outside is "china white" like my bed, and the inside is a light yellow color. My dad suggested I paint it black. I'm not sure why- probably so there wouldn't be any reflection, etc- I'm pretty sure he was kidding anyway. I used the knobs that were on the original door and attached them to either side. I didn't notice that they were different sizes until I was about to attach them. I decided that it added to it's homemade charm! I still have to work on the plant situation because I'm not too excited about the current arrangement. I think I need something bigger, yet not necessarily taller. Maybe something with a leafy vine type growth. The problem is really that it's two feet deep, so the placement is tricky. Too far back and they look funny...too far forward and they look funny. If any of you are particularly knowledgeable in the plant department, and can recommend something that would work up there, I'd be happy to know about it.
I'm glad to have finished this guy and am now fully focused on finishing the picnic blanket. I work well with deadlines, and saturday is my deadline for finishing. This was originally because I planned to use it for the earth fest space saver, but the weather reports aren't looking good, so I may have to go with a tarp instead. I know I said I wouldn't go if it was rainy, but I'm far to invested now as I've gathered some music from iTunes and have been listening up. The way I look at it, the rainier it is, the fewer people I'll have to fight with for tarp space!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great, Steph! Very nice work! I think G and I need something made out of doors...
:)