5.29.2006

sister.from.another.mister

Lets all take a look at the above picture. I know...sunglasses may be needed to deflect the glare from my leg. In all fairness to me, this was taken on may 27th, so I haven't had any short worthy days prior to now. I'll build up a decent tan as the summer progresses. My sister, however, is freakishly tan. She does this without any help from lotions, tanning booths, etc. It's 100% natural. When they were little, she and our youngest brother *k* (who are 2 years apart) would turn super dark and their hair would change from its normal light brown to blond. Our other brother *b* and I (who are also 2 years apart (order goes like this- me '78, *b* '80, *j* '84, *k* '86)) tend to burn before emerging with either a freckly tan (me) or no tan at all (*b*). I tell *j* all the time that she's part african-american, and that she and *k* have a different father than *b* and I. I also tell her she's going to die from skin cancer at age 30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! even julie commented on how tan i was when i actually made an effort to lie out in austin.

i tan just fine!! the real reason i'm never tan is because i try to avoid it -- see your skin cancer comment -- you should be *glad* you're not tan! i bet aunt p. never tanned when she was younger, and her skin looks great now.

when i go biking, though, i end up with the craziest farmer's tan ever, which can't really be helped.

stephanie said...

Ya okay. I do remember one time in Mexico when you tried to get some color and you looked like a tomato. All I'm saying is that the other two don't even have to try (whether it's avoiding, or laying out in the sun)and they're all crispy. You're right about Aunt P- I'm sure she had a big floppy hat, Jackie O sunglasses, and sunscreen up the wazoo. I'm sorry to have misrepresented your tanning capabilities!!